Alkhair Foundation for Social Development
A wide segment of Yemeni youth, of both sexes, suffer from harsh and, sometimes, challenging life conditions, caused by severe economic conditions along with other factors such as poverty and destitution, disabling them from fulfilling their basic needs.
This is mainly attributed to widespread illiteracy among the youth, especially girls, leading to the consequential fading of meaningful employment opportunities necessary to support themselves and their families.“Corporate Social Responsibility”, a concept relentlessly embraced and practiced by the management of the Universal Group, made them realize that it was time to establish an affiliated entity dedicated to establish and run various institutes with the aim of enhancing literacy levels among the underprivileged youth in addition to providing efficient training to this untapped human resource in simple vocations such as embroidery, sewing, housekeeping and other crafts & skills, thus creating qualified cadres who can contribute to the overall development of the country.
In order to do this, it was natural to realize the need for developing multi-purpose courses for the rehabilitation and training of the youth to help them secure appropriate jobs either in Yemen, or in GCC countries. Believing that this initiative will eventually help in rehabilitating this vital segment of Yemen’s population, the idea of establishing “Al Khair Foundation for Social Development” has evolved and later came to reality on 24th July 2009.
Consequently, Al Khair Foundation began to work hard to assist in improving the educational process and deepen the concepts of community participation and patriotism through adopting literacy and rehabilitation programs for young people of both sexes. Hence, our mission is designed to motivate everyone to contribute to the process of sustainable economical development, which constitutes the basis of prosperity and progress in all nations.
By achieving this, such youth will contribute positively in attaining sustainable development, security, safety and stability in their countries.
2. Motivate the youth, guide them into making the optimum use of their time and to improve their knowledge in basic sciences such as Marketing, Computers, English language, and Work Ethics.
3. Motivation program for secondary school graduates to utilize the year (usually wasted before their admition to the university), to improve their English language, computer skills, and Arabic literature. These activities take place in Al Khair Institute.
4. Backup the National Campaign for Eradicating Illiteracy through promoting the education of girls and mothers who have been deprived of education since childhood.
5. Establish specialized Youth Development Centers / Institutes to enable the youth to contribute to sustainable development.
6. Provide free (intensive) training courses in the fields of Tour Guiding & Driving to the youth of specific local communities in Marib, Al Jawf and Shabwah as a first stage, with special focus on English language and Work Ethics, to help them secure appropriate jobs.
7. Cooperate and coordinate with other academic institutions towards developing the capabilities of the youth.
8. Supplement the labor market (both, locally, and in GCC countries) with qualified & well-trained young generation, geared up with the right tools such as English language, computer skills and other essential crafts such as carpentry, welding, plumbing, tiling, masonry and electrical wiring.
9. Rehabilitate illiterate women of rural areas through teaching them reading & writing and training them on various crafts such as sewing, embroidery and other handicrafts, thus enabling them to be self-reliant and capable of providing basic needs to their families.