Union Microfinance Program - Abyan
The Union Microfinance Program , one of the most active programs in Abyan is one of the Yemen Microfinance Network (YMN) founders. It was established in the fourth quarter of 2003 by the name of Self-Assistance Program for Savings and Lending Services – A’byan, under the platform of Yemen’s Women Union. As a non-governmental and non-profit program, the Program provides savings to its clients as its main product and targets poor women with experience in areas such as handicraft and other economic activities.
Situated in Abyan, the Program started by providing its services nearby areas; beginning with the city of Zanzibar area, it then moved on to Ji’ar and Al Koud areas . It was very much welcomed by the families and natives of those areas. At the beginning of 2013, the Program was named as “The Union Microfinance Program” and started to expand further by which it currently covers to currently six branches in the Abyan, Hadramout and Aden governorates, including areas like Zanzibar, Khenfar, Ahwar, Al Mukalla, Al Shihr, and Aden . By the end of March 2016, the number of active clients accounted for 3385.
– To expand disseminate our financial and non-financial services provided to targeted families by which 18,000 client families are outreached by the end of 2018;
– To provide sustainable financial services of high quality through implementing effective systems and employing qualified administrative staff;
– To search for various funding sources.
– Transparency (Sincerity /Frankness).
– Loyalty and Belongingness.
– Fairness and Honesty.
– Work Quality (Proficiency).